Monday, January 19, 2009

sometimes i feel so alone...


the temps are cold, i sit here all alone waiting for spring. i've been sick since returning from a business trip, but at least i'm drawing (between bouts of nausea or unconsciousness).
i have to finish this moleskine and send it to an exhibit in arizona. i also need to finish the japanese album style moleskine to send to atlanta, in the next three weeks. my sculptures for the Lincoln show are already up, and i have three more pieces for another show in two weeks. hope (not a method of accomplishment) all goes well.

8 comments:

DAVID WILSON said...

Great solid sketches, nice continued observation of the tree shapes. I never have the patience to create complete sketches of trees, I over simplify or render a minute area to death.

Best of luck in your upcoming shows & thank you for your totally generous comments on my blog.

Mayumi Takagi said...

Welcome back. I like this drawing. I hope you are feeling well and finishing the moleskins to send the shows soon.

get zapped said...

Such a poignant tree. I really love it! It moves me deeply.

I hope you feel better soon!

joseph's art and stuff said...

thanks dwilson, Mayumi, and get zapped. I'm starting to feel better, at least my head is starting to clear up.

ArtSparker said...

Wonderful tree image. Makes me want to start drawing.

Andrea said...

gorgeous tree!

Bjornik said...

Glad you're back in the game. Saw this in skineart, wish I could fave this more than once! Excellent job!

joseph's art and stuff said...

Thanks, this was fun for me, I haven't drawn a tree by itself in a long time. I got alot of favorable reactions to this online and from local friends. Maybe I should do more...